Hi Allan,

I have been a Canadian resident for tax purposes from last two years on work-permit. My parents own some real estate in India, that they’d want to sell and give me the proceeds to invest in Canadian real estate.

What would be the most tax-effective way of transferring the sale proceeds to Canada, considering my parents would pay capital gains tax in India. The amount will be around $60,000 as an estimate. Please advise & Thanks!.