Whilly Turnbull (anonymous)

Hi Allan,

My uncle(software consultant) has asked me to assist with his T2 tax return, a straight-forward return. I am an international student in Canada from Brazil and have taken some tax filing courses so I have no issues preparing the S100’s, 125’s and other T2 forms.

In the T2 form, I have inputted my name as the preparer. However, I don’t have an e-file number and just using an onlinesoftware- Tax-Tron(that prints paper T2 returns for free). I was wondering if it’s okay for me to file his tax return or should I apply for an e-file number with the CRA.

Also, can you please share your experience with Tax-tron or recommend a good T2 software.

Please advice & thanks for all your help.