I had purchased a home back in India in 2006 used for family and personal use and using funds I transferred from Canada to there. Since the cost amount then was around 85K CAD, I did not have to declare and file the 1135 form. If I wish to sell that property and repatriate the funds back here, what is the procedure? I should file 1135 when I sell and then calculate cap gains in CAD and pay taxes here? But, I would have to pay taxes back in India when I sell as well. Will it be double taxed? I have a property here in Canada as well which is my primary.