We will be married next week. We are both Canadian citizens but he lives in Canada and I live in US on a working visa. I have already declared non-resident to Canada last year and he plans to move here in Summer 2017. So for the 2016 tax year, how should we file? Should I file with USA and he file with Canada?

Is it better to not sign papers until after this tax year?