E (Anonymous) (anonymous)

Hello Allan and the team,

My husband is a part time I.T. consultant and based in GTA, he earned $1000 in 2016 and invoiced the customer $1113 (that included tax) and deposit all the money to the business bank account. Do we need to write a cheque $113 to Government for year 2016 and file any form for this part-time $1000 earning? My husband has an opportunity to earn $5000 this year, do we need to charge the tax ($5000×13%) to the customer ?

Thanks & regards