Ryan Bernknopf (anonymous)

My electrical union paycheques get broken down into regular hours, overtime hours, vacation, and parking allowance categories . Because of our awesome union, we get allocated $17.25 per day for parking. That $17.25 is taxed along with the rest of my salary as if its work income.

It doesnt seem right to get taxed on something that I’m already paying HST on. Does anyone know of there is any way to recoup the tax paid on parking?