Agata (anonymous)

I am a non-resident of Canada for tax purposes and I am about to sell my rental property in Canada, I’ve been told that up to 25% of the proceeds may be withheld until certificate of compliance is obtained, but I’ve also read that Treaty protected property is exempt. I currently reside in USA.