B. Henry (anonymous)

Hello. As the title says, I am trying to find out, as a non-resident of Canada with mutual funds there, would my mutual fund distributions in Canada that are RoC be subject to withholding tax? Also, since some mutual fund distributions are capital gains, and capital gains are subject to taxation in the country of residence, how can withholding tax on them in Canada be avoided? Assuming they are treated the same as capital gains from the sale of stocks/mutual funds.

Thank you.