Family man (anonymous)

I and my wife are planning to retire in Hong Kong in two years. My son is 20 years old and is attending university. He will be continuing his study in Canada. I plan not to sell my house and let him live in it. If I do that, am I qualified to be a non resident of Canada? Thanks!!