Salem (anonymous)

Hi Allan,

I am working as a freelance technical solutions provider in a mideastern country. Due to my family and home being in Canada, I am a Canadian Tax resident. As of now, I just send monthly expenses to my family. But can I set up a sole proprietorship in Canada and declare my overseas business activity as earnings and expenses on sole proprietorship?

Or Is incorporation a better option?

Also if I go for incorporation, whats needed to prove my wife as active partner in business as she helps me with business activities? Please reply in context of new income sprinkling rules 2018. Thanks a lot.