Hi Allan,

Thanks for sharing tax knowledge. I moved to Canada in July 2018 and started receiving child care benefits for my daughter due to low family income. I stayed with my relatives for the first year and they didn’t charge me any rent for the first year.

CRA has sent a review letter and is asking for rental contract and proof of residence. I was wondering if lack of rent payments have got anything to do with child care benefits. I have written a letter explaining the situation and attached a confirmation letter from relative, child’s school attendance letter, temple letter and bank statement showing our proof of residence. Can you please advise on how i should deal with this and include in my letter. Thanks!