I am a Canadian citizen and I got married last January (2016). My spouse lives in China. She earns close to $8K (CAD) per year. I do not send her any money for her maintenance there. Can I claim the remaining excess spousal credit on my tax return? She will come to Canada by this years end.

Thank you!