George (anonymous)

I became a non-resident in 2011 and moved to Hong Kong. I updated my bank with my Hong Kong address and thought they would withhold my taxes on my bank interests so I ignored the T5 the bank mailed to me. I am planning to return to live next year and want to make sure my tax status is in order. I guess I am owing CRA the taxes on my bank interests. What should I do now?
Also, I have savings earned while I am a non-resident and need to bring it over before my return next year. When should I do this? Can I transfer my savings to Canada now or do I have to wait only after my tax status is cleared with CRA?