Howie (anonymous)

I left Canada in 2019 after living and working there for 2.5 years. I returned to the USA to live and work. I cashed out of my Canadian employers’ pension plan upon leaving, and received the lump sum proceeds in Canadian dollars minus 20% withholding tax by the Gov’t of Canada. How do I handle reporting this income on my 2019 US tax return? Is this pension cash out handled as part of foreign earned income exclusion, or as a substitute 1099-R, or something else?