Hi Allan,

Thanks for your help with great tax resources. I incorporated recently and will start a rice-import business from India. I have included my friend in India, as a director of my Canadian Corporation and myself.

He’d purchase the inventory from back home & be responsible for shipping. I need to pay him for his services i.e. minimum wage per hour for his time spent & will either pay in the form of dividends or self-employed fees.

I am aware that in Canada for dividends, a T5 should be filed, while T4A be filed for the fees.

Can you please advice if it’s the same slip for paying foreign residents? I heard about an NR4 slip & unsure if i need to issue that. Also, should i withhold 15% taxes every pay and remit to CRA? Please advise.

Really appreciate your help & Thanks again!