Ankit Kathuria (anonymous)

I am moving to US for work for 3-4 years, however my wife plans to continue to stay in Canada. We own a house in Canada, and I plan to rent in US. Based on some research, I realized I will be treated a factual tax resident of Canada due to significant personal and financial ties to Canada.

a. Will I be able to continue to invest in RRSPs to lower my Canadian tax (my US employer has 401k plan)?

b. Will I pay any capital gains tax on house if my wife and I decide to sell the house while I am in US? House is co-owned and it is our primary residence currently.