I am an American citizen who is a Canadian permanent resident and I want to open a business in the USA and to bring this income to Canada. I want limited liability, and of course favourable Canadian tax treatment.

The idea of a US C Corp with a Canadian holding company has come up – but I wanted to inquire about how exactly income would be brought to Canada and the tax implications of this. Lastly, is there a better business structure than this to achieve what I’m looking for?