Can You Take a Working Tax Holiday?

Allan Madan, CA
 Dec 1, 2014

advisorsedgeAllan Madan recently sat down with Jessica Bruno from the Advisor’s Edge magazine to discuss how Canadians working in foreign countries can take a “tax vacation.” They talk about how you have to sever ties from Canada before moving to your new country and which countries have a tax treaty with Canada. They also touch on the risks of keeping property or investments within Canada while you are gone. Finally, they talk about the process of returning to Canada and how to deem yourself a Canadian resident again.

If you are thinking of working abroad in the near future, you can read Jessica Bruno’s article Can You Take a Working Tax Holiday here.


The information provided on this page is intended to provide general information. The information does not take into account your personal situation and is not intended to be used without consultation from accounting and financial professionals. Allan Madan and Madan Chartered Accountant will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on this page.

Related Resources

Leave Your Comment Here:
Required fields are marked.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Pin It on Pinterest