How do I pay personal income tax balance owing to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)?

Allan Madan, CA
 Apr 26, 2012

There are 3 options in terms of payment for a balance owing to the CRA:

  1. Set-up your account through “My Payment” and pay online OR
  2. Go to your local bank branch and pay there OR
  3. Mail a cheque with the following information:
  • Amount of Balance Owing
  • Name of recipient: Receiver General
  • Mailing address: 1050 Notre Dame Avenue, Sudbury, ON  P3A 5C1
  1. Form T7DR(A) must be attached with the balance owing
  2. Write the following information on the back of the cheque: SIN#, taxation year (e.g. 2012)



The information provided on this page is intended to provide general information. The information does not take into account your personal situation and is not intended to be used without consultation from accounting and financial professionals. Allan Madan and Madan Chartered Accountant will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on this page.

Related Resources

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This