How can I avoid double taxes on my payroll if I am a US citizen working in Canada?

Allan Madan, CA
 Oct 9, 2012


I am a US Citizen taking up work in Canada this year. My family and home will still reside in the US. How can I avoid double taxes on my payroll?


If you a resident of the US, and you work in Canada, you can file an election to have your US Payroll taxes reduced by the amount of Payroll taxes that were submitted here in Canada to the CRA.



The information provided on this page is intended to provide general information. The information does not take into account your personal situation and is not intended to be used without consultation from accounting and financial professionals. Allan Madan and Madan Chartered Accountant will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on this page.

Related Resources

Leave Your Comment Here:
Required fields are marked.

Your email address will not be published.

3 × five =


Pin It on Pinterest

Share This