If I am a non-resident of the US, do I need a social security number to file taxes?

Allan Madan, CA
 Nov 12, 2012


As a non-resident of the US, you will require an ITIN (International Tax Identification Number) to file US Tax Returns. In order to receive this number you will need to fill out form W-7 and attach it with your US Tax Return for the year.


The information provided on this page is intended to provide general information. The information does not take into account your personal situation and is not intended to be used without consultation from accounting and financial professionals. Allan Madan and Madan Chartered Accountant will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on this page.

Related Resources

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This