How do I report income earned from an online business such as Google adSense?

Allan Madan, CA
 Oct 25, 2012



I recently moved to Canada but I have web hosting that was created outside of Canada that is generating Google adSense earnings for me. How do I report this income on my Canadian tax return?


You would report it as ‘business income’ on your Canadian income tax return. As you are reporting the business income you are also allowed to deduct the business expenses incurred to generate that income.


The information provided on this page is intended to provide general information. The information does not take into account your personal situation and is not intended to be used without consultation from accounting and financial professionals. Allan Madan and Madan Chartered Accountant will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on this page.

Related Resources

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This