I am filing a 1040 USA tax return, do I have to report my Canadian RRSP, TFSA account? If so, how?

Allan Madan, CA
 Apr 18, 2013

You must disclose your TFSA account on your FBAR, known as Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts if the aggregate value of all foreign financial accounts exceeded $10,000 at any time during the calendar year to be reported. If your TFSA is held through a trust – you have to complete Form 3520A  and 3520.

For your RRSP, you must complete the Form 8891.


The information provided on this page is intended to provide general information. The information does not take into account your personal situation and is not intended to be used without consultation from accounting and financial professionals. Allan Madan and Madan Chartered Accountant will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on this page.

Related Resources

Leave Your Comment Here:
Required fields are marked.

Your email address will not be published.

2 + five =


Pin It on Pinterest

Share This