Can I claim my dependent’s disability amount?

Allan Madan, CA
 Nov 12, 2013

The disability tax credit (DTC) is offered in order to lessen the tax burden for individuals who are physically or mentally impaired. The DTC can be applied for by completing Form T2201, Disability Tax Credit Certificate. If a taxpayer does not claim all or part of the disability amount on his or her tax return in a particular tax year, it can be transferred to a supporting taxpayer (ex. parent) or spouse or common-law partner.



The information provided on this page is intended to provide general information. The information does not take into account your personal situation and is not intended to be used without consultation from accounting and financial professionals. Allan Madan and Madan Chartered Accountant will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on this page.

Related Resources

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This