Can my corporation pay for my for my cell-phone bill if I use it for business purposes?

Allan Madan, CA
 Dec 19, 2013


A corporation can only deduct expenses that it incurs.  If your cell-phone is registered to you (and not your corporation) and you use your cell phone partially for business purposes, then you can ‘charge-back’ the business use portion of your cell phone bill to your corporation.

It’s a best practice to first pay for the bill yourself. Then, submit an expense report to your corporation for the business use portion of your cell phone bill. Your corporation can reimburse you by writing you a cheque or by transferring funds to you electronically. 



The information provided on this page is intended to provide general information. The information does not take into account your personal situation and is not intended to be used without consultation from accounting and financial professionals. Allan Madan and Madan Chartered Accountant will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on this page.

Related Resources

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This