Am I eligible to receive CCTB abroad?

Allan Madan, CA
 Nov 12, 2013


If you are eligible to receive the Canada child tax benefit (CCTB) you will continue to receive it during your absence from Canada. To be eligible for CCTB you must meet the following criteria:

  1. You must live with the child and the child must be under 18 years of age;
  2. You must be primarily responsible for the care and upbringing of the child;
  3. You must a resident of Canada;
  4. You or you spouse or common-law partner must be a Canadian citizen or permanent citizen.

Please note that you will have to file a return each year so the CRA can calculate your CCTB.


The information provided on this page is intended to provide general information. The information does not take into account your personal situation and is not intended to be used without consultation from accounting and financial professionals. Allan Madan and Madan Chartered Accountant will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on this page.

Related Resources

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This