I have very low or no income, do I need to file a tax return?

Allan Madan, CA
 May 10, 2013

If you are older than 18 years of age, you should file a tax return in order to apply for and receive certain government payments such as GST and Ontario Sales Tax refunds, Canada Child Tax Benefit and Guaranteed Income Supplement for seniors. You can also accumulate RRSP contribution room based on your earned income, even if you do not need to pay tax.



The information provided on this page is intended to provide general information. The information does not take into account your personal situation and is not intended to be used without consultation from accounting and financial professionals. Allan Madan and Madan Chartered Accountant will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on this page.

Related Resources

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This