Do investors who receive form 1099 or form 1042 from the U.S. have to file a U.S. tax return?

Allan Madan, CA
 Feb 20, 2014

No, as long as the proper withholding taxes were held on your dividends and interest income. For dividends it is 15% and for interest, it is 0%.




The information provided on this page is intended to provide general information. The information does not take into account your personal situation and is not intended to be used without consultation from accounting and financial professionals. Allan Madan and Madan Chartered Accountant will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on this page.

Related Resources

Leave Your Comment Here:
Required fields are marked.

Your email address will not be published.

16 + eleven =


Pin It on Pinterest

Share This