If I sell services to clients outside Canada, do I have to collect GST/HST?

Allan Madan, CA
 Nov 25, 2013


In determining whether you are responsible for collecting sales tax, you need to determine whether the services you provide occur in Canada or outside Canada. If the service is being performed outside Canada, your taxable supplies are considered export services and you do not have to charge GST/HST. However, if the recipient of the service is in Canada when the service is performed, you will have to collect and remit HST on sales.



The information provided on this page is intended to provide general information. The information does not take into account your personal situation and is not intended to be used without consultation from accounting and financial professionals. Allan Madan and Madan Chartered Accountant will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on this page.

Related Resources

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This