I purchased a computer for employment purposes. As an employee, can I deduct this as employment expense?

Allan Madan, CA
 Nov 25, 2013


In order to claim employment expenses incurred to earn employment income, you need to request a signed T2200 from your employer. However, the CRA has specifically mentioned that if you buy a computer or other capital assets, you cannot deduct this cost. Further, you cannot capitalize and depreciate (claim CCA) on capital purchases.



The information provided on this page is intended to provide general information. The information does not take into account your personal situation and is not intended to be used without consultation from accounting and financial professionals. Allan Madan and Madan Chartered Accountant will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on this page.

Related Resources

Leave Your Comment Here:
Required fields are marked.

Your email address will not be published.

sixteen − 3 =


Pin It on Pinterest

Share This