Can I make payments to the CRA for non-resident withholding taxes from my rental income?

Allan Madan, CA
 Dec 2, 2013


I am a non-resident of Canada and I have a rental property in Canada. I have recently found out that I am required to remit 25% of the gross rent to the CRA as a withholding tax on a monthly basis. Can I make this payment myself?

As per the CRA ruling, an individual who resides within Canada must remit the 25% withholding tax. Normally, it should be your tenant or your property manager. A non-resident cannot do this.



The information provided on this page is intended to provide general information. The information does not take into account your personal situation and is not intended to be used without consultation from accounting and financial professionals. Allan Madan and Madan Chartered Accountant will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on this page.

Related Resources

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This