I collected HST but didn’t register for an HST number on time, what should I do?

Allan Madan, CA
 Jan 10, 2014


The CRA can only back-date your HST registration by 30 days. In order to request a registration date that is past 30 days, you should write a letter to the CRA detailing your reason for requesting such an old registration date. In addition, the CRA requires that you provide 5-6 invoices around the back dated period as proof that HST was indeed being collected.



The information provided on this page is intended to provide general information. The information does not take into account your personal situation and is not intended to be used without consultation from accounting and financial professionals. Allan Madan and Madan Chartered Accountant will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on this page.

Related Resources

Leave Your Comment Here:
Required fields are marked.

Your email address will not be published.

2 × one =


Pin It on Pinterest

Share This