Is there ever a circumstance where the CRA can refuse to issue my refund?

Allan Madan, CA
 Nov 12, 2013


Yes, one such circumstance where the CRA can refuse to issue your refund is when the taxable income for a tax year is reported after 3 years of the reporting period. For example, if the tax return for the 2008 year is filed on September 2013, the CRA can refuse to issue that refund because it has been more than 3 years from the due date of the 2008 return (which would have been April 2009).



The information provided on this page is intended to provide general information. The information does not take into account your personal situation and is not intended to be used without consultation from accounting and financial professionals. Allan Madan and Madan Chartered Accountant will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on this page.

Related Resources

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This