If I am sending Canadian employees to work in the United States, do I need to withhold social security taxes from their pay in both Canada and the USA?

Allan Madan, CA
 Nov 5, 2012

If you own a Canadian corporation that is sending Canadians to work on its behalf in the USA, the USA-Canada tax treaty gives you the option of not withholding social security taxes from your employees’ pay-cheques. To be eligible for this provision, you must apply for a certificate of coverage.



The information provided on this page is intended to provide general information. The information does not take into account your personal situation and is not intended to be used without consultation from accounting and financial professionals. Allan Madan and Madan Chartered Accountant will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on this page.

Related Resources

Leave Your Comment Here:
Required fields are marked.

Your email address will not be published.

twenty − three =


Pin It on Pinterest

Share This