Do I have to file a NR4 return with the CRA even if I did not remit any non-resident withholding taxes to the CRA?

Allan Madan, CA
 Jan 28, 2014

Yes. If you earned gross income of $50 or more during the year, a NR4 slip has to be filed regardless of whether non-resident withholding taxes were remitted or not. If gross income of less than $50 was earned in the year and taxes were remitted to CRA, a NR4 return also has to be filed.



The information provided on this page is intended to provide general information. The information does not take into account your personal situation and is not intended to be used without consultation from accounting and financial professionals. Allan Madan and Madan Chartered Accountant will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on this page.

Related Resources

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This