I don’t have enough money to pay my income tax bill. What should I do?

Allan Madan, CA
 Nov 12, 2013

The CRA waits 90 days after the Notice of Assessment after which they will begin the process of trying to collect the unpaid tax bill from you (generally, they will first attempt to contact you via phone). To avoid unpleasantness, you should contact the CRA at 1-888-863-8657 to arrange a payment schedule which works for you. However, it should be noted that even if you have a payment plan with the CRA, interest will accrue on any unpaid balance.



The information provided on this page is intended to provide general information. The information does not take into account your personal situation and is not intended to be used without consultation from accounting and financial professionals. Allan Madan and Madan Chartered Accountant will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on this page.

Related Resources

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This