How does the government grant affect my SR & ED claim?

Allan Madan, CA
 Nov 22, 2013


If you receive a grant from a federal, provincial or other government body that is assistance for a SR & ED expense, the grant will reduce the claimable SR & ED expense amounts on the tax return. This can, in effect, increase your tax payable.



The information provided on this page is intended to provide general information. The information does not take into account your personal situation and is not intended to be used without consultation from accounting and financial professionals. Allan Madan and Madan Chartered Accountant will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on this page.

Related Resources

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This