What is the role of an Ontario agent appointed by a Foreign corporation?

Allan Madan, CA
 Oct 30, 2013


If you are a foreign corporation (i.e US LLC or US C-Corp.) carrying on business in Ontario, then you’ll need to appoint an agent in Ontario of your foreign corporation. This will allow you to apply for the extra provincial license required to carry on business in Ontario.

The main role of the agent is to ensure all legal documents are forwarded to the head office of the foreign corporation. The agent also has the responsibility to appear as a representative of the Foreign corporation in an Ontario court, if required. Agents can be changed at in point in time.


The information provided on this page is intended to provide general information. The information does not take into account your personal situation and is not intended to be used without consultation from accounting and financial professionals. Allan Madan and Madan Chartered Accountant will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on this page.

Related Resources

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This