I am a non-resident earning rental income in Canada. Do I need to file an NR4 slip and summary with the CRA?

Allan Madan, CA
 Feb 12, 2014

As a non-resident, you will be subject to withholding tax on your rental income. The NR4 must be filed by the withholding agent to report gross rental income and taxes withheld by the last day March.

If you did not have a withholding agent, you do not have to file an NR4. Instead, you will request the CRA to issue you an NR4 Pro-forma by writing a letter.



The information provided on this page is intended to provide general information. The information does not take into account your personal situation and is not intended to be used without consultation from accounting and financial professionals. Allan Madan and Madan Chartered Accountant will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on this page.

Related Resources

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This