In addition to reporting my income, what other information would be useful to share with the CRA?

Allan Madan, CA
 Nov 12, 2013


To avoid headaches in the future by way of reduced or withheld tax refunds, and extensive paperwork thereafter, you should inform the CRA if the following events happen (among others), with appropriate supporting documentation.

  • Date of marital status change, either when you marry or, undergo a separation/divorce.
  • Spousal and child support payments, as per court decreed/divorce settlement documents
  • Change of address – New child information: as per birth certificate



The information provided on this page is intended to provide general information. The information does not take into account your personal situation and is not intended to be used without consultation from accounting and financial professionals. Allan Madan and Madan Chartered Accountant will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on this page.

Related Resources

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This