Can I claim the transit pass costs incurred by my family members?

Allan Madan, CA
 Nov 12, 2013

You can only claim the public transit amount for yourself, spouse or common-law partner, and your or your partner’s children who are below the age of nineteen. Ensure that you keep all passes as proof for your claim.

According to the Canada Revenue Agency, the passes must contain all the following data:

  • Name of the individual the pass belongs to;
  • Name of the transit company that issued the pass;
  • Date or period the pass was valid for use;
  • Indication that the pass is for a month or longer time period;
  • Price of the pass


The information provided on this page is intended to provide general information. The information does not take into account your personal situation and is not intended to be used without consultation from accounting and financial professionals. Allan Madan and Madan Chartered Accountant will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on this page.

Related Resources

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This